Let's organise a meeting!

Have you been there? Are you going? Share your experience

Moderators: gregoing, mise, Grania, All Moderators

When would you like the gathering to take place?

July
24%
August
40%
Either July or August
36%

Total votes : 25

Postby Grania » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:12 pm

Sounds like this is going to be one fantastic summer :D Wouldn't you all say so?

Admin - please could you give us more details on Leo's (food oriantated :mrgreen: :wink: ) Thank you for offering to help us a bit.

Right then everyone....see you there? :lol:
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nessieq » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:58 pm

Yeah, admin, I was gunna mention that, this may sound like a realy dodgey question, but about Leos- does it serve andy exotic fruit drinks? I'd better explain myself- I have a severe allergy to kiwi fruit and normally don't venture anywhere near pubs or supermarkets in case I come into contact with one- so if they're being servesd in Leos I won't be able to go.
Perhaps someone else could fill me in on this- but it's no big deal, I can wait till I'm there and get a parent to scout the place out before I go in! :lol:

sorry for my random request....

like G says, SEE YOU THERE!

ness.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:25 pm

nessieq wrote:Sounds great, Mise and only 200m from Leo's itself- I think this is a goer, but it looks pretty small so I might not have luck getting a place... Do you know the name of the other one? And by "caravan park" do you mean no tents? (not even trailer tents? :lol: )
Sorry, folks, I'm a die hard camper I'm afriad :D :shock:
n.

You should be fine with Sleepy Hollow. Its basic but everyone I know who's been there likes it. And its only a few hundred yards (or metres if you prefer) from Leo's Tavern.
There is a mobile home park in Crolly behinf Paddy Ogs pub but I don't know whether you can camp there.
admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:30 pm

lizzy1e wrote:I know this isn't exactly about Donegal itself, but does anyone know of any good accommodation in Dublin and Galway? I'm struggling a bit with deciding from what I read online - I can't exactly afford 5 star hotels or anything like that. Just a decent hostel, b&b or maybe moderately priced hotel. I'd really appreciate any advice! :o

Lizzie,
Try this place. Its about five minutes walk from O'Connell St.
http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/7 ... 9F5110.htm
can recomend
admin

Postby richard » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:25 pm

ADMIN, WOULD U BE A DARLING AND RECOMMEND ME SOME ACCOMODATION IN GWEEDORE?.

THANX
Richard.
richard
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Roibeard Óg » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:52 pm

I think that the Admin has already posted this; visit http://www.crannog.ie/loistin.htm
"Tús maith, leath na hoibre!"
Roibeard Óg
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:12 pm

admin wrote:
nessieq wrote:Sounds great, Mise and only 200m from Leo's itself- I think this is a goer, but it looks pretty small so I might not have luck getting a place... Do you know the name of the other one? And by "caravan park" do you mean no tents? (not even trailer tents? :lol: )
Sorry, folks, I'm a die hard camper I'm afriad :D :shock:
n.

You should be fine with Sleepy Hollow. Its basic but everyone I know who's been there likes it. And its only a few hundred yards (or metres if you prefer) from Leo's Tavern.
There is a mobile home park in Crolly behinf Paddy Ogs pub but I don't know whether you can camp there.
admin

Thanks admin- sounds perfect. Look out Gweedore, here comes nessieq!
lurve,
ness.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby lizzy1e » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:03 pm

admin wrote:Lizzie,
Try this place. Its about five minutes walk from O'Connell St.
http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/7 ... 9F5110.htm
can recomend
admin

Thanks!! It looks really nice -will look into it. :D
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:06 am

nessieq wrote: ...but about Leos- does it serve andy exotic fruit drinks? I'd better explain myself- ...

ness.

Who's andy?
No I've never seen an exotic cocktail in the place. Are you serious about the kiwi fruit? Rules out the trip to New Zealand then!

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:13 am

richard wrote:ADMIN, WOULD U BE A DARLING AND RECOMMEND ME SOME ACCOMODATION IN GWEEDORE?.

THANX

I'm getting a lsit of phone numbers together for accomodation and a few other things.
I'm also trying to find someone to do a few Irish classes - it would be useful to know how many are interested, how long you'll be in Gweedore and what time of the day to schedule them. If someone can come up with an effecient way of collecting this info I'd appreciate.
admintoursinc.

Postby Angoid » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:56 am

I've already indicated (to Mise) that I'd be interested in some Irish classes, provided it doesn't take too much of a bite out of other sightseeing and activities - three to four mornings would be ideal.

<technical rant style="backseat moderation" class="apologetic">
Admin - (sorry - a bit of backseat moderation gere :lol: ) instead of posting the phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and/or postal addresses of places into this thread, could you create a new forum group, add all members here to it, and post them there as a new thread?

I say this to prevent unregistered guests from viewing info such as phone numbers and addresses of potentially private places, which could result in them potentially receiving undesired communications. Same is true (especially true) of e-mail addresses and the like: they'd be harvested by "spambots" and hit with electronic abuse - a growing problem I'm afraid.

Either that, or PM each person who is going on this trip with the details: whichever is the least work for you!! Just an idea, OK :lol:
</technical rant>
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby mise » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:18 am

:D I have pmed admin with all the info I have now.

I wonder if all you who are coming have msn? It might be a good idea to agree upon a day and time every once in a while, so we can talk through a few details and have room for questions?

I was also thinking I could make some sort of booklet with info and send it out to each one of you? If there are any other ideas, please let me know.
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Angoid » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:44 am

I was also thinking I could make some sort of booklet with info and send it out to each one of you? If there are any other ideas, please let me know.

That would certainly work, but wouldn't it also create a lot of eatra work for you mise, to say nothing of postage, etc?

These forums can be configured to have members belonging to member groups, and if Admin set one of these up (fairly easy to do) then any necessary / required personal and private info could be posted such that it's not viewable to outsiders, thus such info would be safe. It would also be quicker to update, and people would see it immediately in a "View posts since last visit" list.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby AndyPandy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:47 pm

admin wrote:
Who's andy?

Thats me! I've never been an exotic fruit drink though. :mrgreen:
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby lizzy1e » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:30 pm

My goodness, I'm having so much difficulty finding any free b&b's in Galway. :shock: Apparently it's the same time as some major horse racing event and the arts festival so this should be interesting. :| Wish me luck! :mrgreen:

Definitly interested in some Irish classes over here. They'll come in handy... er... sometime. :mrgreen:
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Leos Tavern