Let's organise a meeting!

Have you been there? Are you going? Share your experience

Moderators: gregoing, mise, Grania, All Moderators

When would you like the gathering to take place?

July
24%
August
40%
Either July or August
36%

Total votes : 25

Postby Grania » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:10 pm

Hmmm, I can see what nessie means about the parents problem - my dad is just getting used to the idea of me talking to you lot on the internet. I would simply LOVE to come to Gweedore, and to meet up with at least some of you guys would be great :D

*imagines loads of crazy fans chatting about obscure topics like on the Moya forum :mrgreen: *

Maybe we could make it October next year nessieq, then I could be there for my 17th birthday :shock: :D :P

*Sighs dreamily, and then realises that she is talking about just over a year until she is that age* Aaaaggghhh :!: :shock: :?

Anyway - keep me up-to-date on this, I'd really like to know what happens :)

*Waiting expectantly* - Grania
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nancykrijnen » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:12 pm

Sounds good, and we are going to drink an Irish beer, and sing along with Moya in Leo's tavern? Hmm Nice idea but eh....where are we going to stay? Do we have to put our tent in Moya's backyard? hihi

Ok, it's a good idea although it's an expensive trip and I don't know if my husband will let me go (not only mum's don't like the idea that her "baby" is all alone in far away country, even husbands don't like that idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

First I'm going to Bali and maybe I will join the party!

Nancy
nancykrijnen
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:39 pm

Change my above post! Mum says she wants to come too :mrgreen: :D
(Now to start converting Dad :lol: )

My thoughts today though I'm far away are on Tir Connells' shore.
The salt sea air and the colleens fair of lovely green Gweedore
:wink:

Don't be sure those are the right lyrics - and I know my spelling's terrible! :oops:
Slán - Grania

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby mise » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:20 pm

It's great to see so many people interested. It would be fun if we could realise it. I would love to give a hand arranging accomodation (it should'n't be too hard) and maybe we could even organise a few trips!
If you lot are serious about going, why not pm me and see how we can get in touch to really talk about it!
:D Love to hear from you!
Cherish all your happy moments: They make a fine cushion for old age
mise

Postby Nigel » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:06 pm

Im 21 years of age, so i can do what ever i like :mrgreen: .
And if i did tell my mum where i was going. She would say something like
"Ireland, well thats nice, see ya later, oh and stay away from those internet weirdos :lol: "
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby the whistleplayer » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:17 pm

Well, I was SUPPOSED to go to Scandinavia or the Alpes next summer, as I've spent nearly every summer in Ireland for the past few years already...
But it's really tempting if you're all going to be there :mrgreen: Bring your musical instruments and we'll bring the Message Board Band to life at a session in Leo's :mrgreen:
Actually, this is one of the things we discussed a few years ago on the Clannad newspage forum! :D
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Grania » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:09 pm

mise wrote:It's great to see so many people interested. It would be fun if we could realise it. I would love to give a hand arranging accomodation (it should'n't be too hard) and maybe we could even organise a few trips!
If you lot are serious about going, why not pm me and see how we can get in touch to really talk about it!
:D Love to hear from you!

Good idea mise. Come on people! :D How can we get to talking seriously about this? We could really have some fun :wink:
But I wonder what the reaction would be if we all invaded Gweedore together :mrgreen:
Maybe we could ask Moya when she next comes online if it is even a conceiveable idea :?:
It might sound none too good an idea that, but how could it hurt :?: (if you disagree, I understand ) - Grania

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby mise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Okay so where would you like to go when you are in Gweedore? Let's make a list together...

I think I have almost everywhere in Gweedore, so I will let you suggest things! Come on guys let me hear it!

Oh and Grania, I think your idea is fine, but maybe we should have some more defined plans before we ask máire.
mise

Postby Grania » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:54 pm

mise wrote:
Oh and Grania, I think your idea is fine, but maybe we should have some more defined plans before we ask máire.

I totally agree. You are more organised than me :roll: :mrgreen:

Could you give those of us who have never been fortunate enough to go to Gweedore your list of places? Thanks - Grania

I heard Your voice
Step By Step
Grania

Postby AndyPandy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:34 pm

Well of course I'd like to visit Leo's! apart from that I don't really know much about the place, I was just going to visit and explore while I was there. Can you recommend things worth seeing? I'm looking at YOU Mise and Andrea ;)
Music is food for the soul.
AndyPandy
Addicted to Moya

Postby mise » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 pm

:roll: Well you could have a look at my website. But ofcourse you all have already!!! And I am not here to advertise. Maybe visit some of the places in the Clannad songs or their videos? It seems like the obvious thing to do.
mise

Postby the whistleplayer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm

Well, if you like walking... there's plenty of hills around! :D Errigal is beautiful especially on a very clear day. I still haven't climbed Muckish, but I have to do that some day.
The whole area of Dunlewey is beautiful for walks. Glenveagh is also nice, on a quiet day without rain, otherwise you get eaten by midges! :mrgreen:
I like Bunbeg, with Bunbeg harbour, and there's a beautiful gorge there of which mostly only local people know.
We can visit Gola island, and I suggest we leave Tory the way it is... not my favourite island really.

If you're in for a session, and don't mind a lot of fellow-tourists in high season, Hiudai Beag's is your place to be on monday night.
In Gortahork there's a great Italianish restaurant, and also a friendly session on thursday's I think, in Teach Billie (or was it the other one :? )

And of course the beaches! Bunbeg, Derrybeg, Bloody Foreland (also for beautiful sunsets) and Carrickfinn, take your pick.

Sean Og's is my favourite pub in Derrybeg, it's really nice.
Letterkenny is nice too. Nice shopping centre :lol:
There's a great lunchroom in Falcarragh, with very friendly staff, inexpensive and very tasteful food. The name is something with 'fia' (Irish for deer) if I remember it correctly.

Well, obviously I forgot some other nice places... so I leave it up to other 'experts' :shock: to add to my list.
I have no hobbies, only obsessions... :mrgreen:
the whistleplayer
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby al » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:55 pm

Where is a good place in Ireland to watch traditional dancing? I will most likely go there next year but I would rather do it alone because I'm really an odd person who does not like to talk.
Tennis is a game of love
As soon as one scores on his opponent, love is lost.
So I play with peoples spins
so I can teach them a lesson or two.
al

Postby mise » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:15 am

Teach Jack in Glasagh on Tuesdaynights. There is a ceili every week, so don't be shy and join in!
mise

Postby nessieq » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:59 pm

might i suggest we go to the poisoned glen? i've always wanted to go there, specially since i recieved a gorgeous photo of it.
also, if you're planning on inviting impressionable youing people like meeee :lol: can we have less of the pubs please!
i think the only way i'd make it would be for a long weekend... and i'd bring the trailer tent my family have... let's all go camping! this could be so much fun.
i'm excited already
nq.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

PreviousNext

Return to Leos Tavern