Welcome to Moya's Forum!

Welcome to Moya Brennan's forum. This is the only room available to unregistered guests, and then only for replying to existing topics and not starting new ones.
This is so unregistered guests can report login and registration issues.

Moderator: All Moderators

Postby Beth » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Sammi, I too am in the US of A. A good place to look to is if you have a Barnes & Noble or Borders that sells music, there is a good chance of finding them there. If not at B&N, request it! I did that with Irish Christmas becuase they didn't have it in the store. the ordered it for me and it was in 3 days later. They don't charge you extra for doing that either (in fact, I got my AIC for free because I bought so much other stuff)... My B&N knows me by name LOL
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby sammi fredenburg » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:30 pm

thank you beth, and i will start with my local B&N. and soon!

and Noirin, i found this place, this voice in Moya, because of In A Lifetime. i have only been a u2 fan for about 2 and a half years, and when i found this song i put it in my ipod and can loop this song over and over. of 2500 entries it tops my most played. and last night a friend identified the girl for me and sent me here.

u2 is pretty much my musical catalog, other than ecumentical music i was absorbed in for almost 40 years. my first u2 album was their last and i worked backwards from there, they were my first rock concert ever this tour, and pretty much what is what may happen here.

Bono and i work for many of the same non-profit organzations, i landed in them on my feet when i left the missions field and church offices. so thru World Vision, ONE, Make Poverty History, Bread for the World, Jubilee 2000, RESULTS, a few more political diplomatic activism groups Bono kept resurfing as spokesman, member, etc., and i grew fond of him. then listened to the music and it went from there.

so this avi is him in prayer at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC last year where he was spokesman. amazing day, i was not there but embraced his message and moment from then.

am i hijacking this thread? i know this is for welcomes, should i move this to another area? so sorry. new at this sort of stuff =)

off to work, great day to you all.

stay close,

sammi =)
"i can't get cross with moya, i love her too much . . . . " - bono (this line made my day!)
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Beth » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 pm

Oh Sammi you and I will get along great LOL I too support ONE and Make Poverty History and kind of a step down but still supporting against world hunger, is the Josh Groban Foundation and the Grobanite for Africa which goes towards feeding those in thrid world countries. All very near and dear to my heart.

I admit that I LOVE Bono's activism (did you know that Bono is the next door neighbor os Moya's younger sister Enya?) but don't much care for his music.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 am

Hello, Sammi! Have fun on the board. :) You will be addicted soon. :lol:
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby sammi fredenburg » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:04 am

you all are so gracious and i appreciate the warm hospitality here. thanx so much.

i've written so much about what i've learned of this artist Moya in the past day that i don't remember where i posted what. i found her MySpace . . . . . i hope it's still active. i've shared my heart with folks at u2.com. a few other places. but Enya's voice fills up my husband's senses like Bono and Moya does mine. beautiful indeed. and at some rogue site in the past year i saw a map of Dublin and u2-related places, and it pointed out that a neighbor of his was Enya. i didn't think it was appropriate for me to dwell on such, felt like an invasion of their privacy seeing this overhead picture. yet in my heart and imagination i mused how sweet it would have been to have my dave be invited up one path to tea with her and me up another to tea with him, silly eh? musings of fans. but, i never went back to that site again. it was there i had learned that they were neighbors.

but in forums i asked my friends if they knew of this singer, and i stood alone in not knowing of her :oops: . my friends from Holland and Belgium especially loved her and Clannad and i was really pleased to learn that. a few had expressed hope that Moya and Bono would share a stage somewhere sometime but it's been 20 years.

but is there or has there been any Clannad or Moya tours of america, purchance even of the Pacific Northwest of ameica here? i'm not sure where i've entered here in regards to her career.

i thank you. =)
"i can't get cross with moya, i love her too much . . . . " - bono (this line made my day!)
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby youremyenergy79 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:00 am

sammi fredenburg wrote:but is there or has there been any Clannad or Moya tours of america, purchance even of the Pacific Northwest of ameica here? i'm not sure where i've entered here in regards to her career.

i thank you. =)
YES,of course!
and....
moya was in America in december!!!
look here...
http://www.moyabrennan.com/archives.php?newsid=34
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Postby youremyenergy79 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 am

against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Postby sammi fredenburg » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 pm

thanx -

*sigh* i don't see seattle anywhere on there, maybe another time =)

do you all travel the countries to see her perform? many u2 fans become as a form of *ahem* "season ticket holders* (tongue firmly planted in cheek) to meet up with other fans all over the world. in the vertigo tour alone i saw u2 twice in Las Vegas, once in Portland Oregon, and friends combined frequent flyer miles to gift me with the final concert in Bonolulu, er, Honolulu!

but you aren't as crazy as we are, are you? are you? LOL
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby sammi fredenburg » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:24 pm

thanx -

*sigh* i don't see seattle anywhere on there, maybe another time =)

do you all travel the countries to see her perform? many u2 fans become as a form of *ahem* "season ticket holders* (tongue firmly planted in cheek) to meet up with other fans all over the world. in the vertigo tour alone i saw u2 twice in Las Vegas, once in Portland Oregon, and friends combined frequent flyer miles to gift me with the final concert in Bonolulu, er, Honolulu!

but you aren't as crazy as we are, are you? are you? LOL
sammi fredenburg
Enthusiastic Member

Postby youremyenergy79 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:43 pm

hahahaa
I ve seen moya in Italy and in Rotterdam(with Clannad :P ),
In may I'm going to go to Germany for two dates :wink:
...only Europe :mrgreen:
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

I hope you enjoy it here, and come and post often. Never hesitate to shout if you need a hand :)
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby nessieq » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:19 pm

Hehe, Sammi, how wrong you are- we are just as mad! In fact probably worse.. :lol: Many of our members have seen Moya more in countries other than their own than at home!!
Have a fantastic time here, hope you enjoy yourself!
Perhaps if you'd like to tell us more about yourself, you could open a topic in the fan space :) There's an announcement in there to give you some guidelines!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Grania » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:27 pm

Might I put on the record that I have now seen Moya 5 times live (wow, 4 in a year :shock: ) and I have yet to see her in my own country at all :lol: I've been to Belgium twice, Holland once, France once and now Scotland once.......next time it'll actually be within a few hours of home :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wow
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby celticbabe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:47 am

Hey!
Just wanted to say hello to all, I really love moyas, enyas, and clannads music, its all so awesome :D. Hope to see you all around :)
celticbabe

Postby youremyenergy79 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:17 am

celticbabe wrote:Hey!
Just wanted to say hello to all, I really love moyas, enyas, and clannads music, its all so awesome :D. Hope to see you all around :)

hey!!welcome babe :wink:
against the wind
youremyenergy79
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome / Fáilte!