Welcome to Moya's Forum!

Welcome to Moya Brennan's forum. This is the only room available to unregistered guests, and then only for replying to existing topics and not starting new ones.
This is so unregistered guests can report login and registration issues.

Moderator: All Moderators

Welcome to Moya's Forum!

Postby Angoid » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:24 am

Hi there and welcome to Moya Brennan's official forum!

This is a forum that is dedicated to discussing anything related Moya (Máire) Brennan. It is a warm and friendly community that is always open to new members.

If you're a guest here, please do take the time to browse the forum and see what it has to offer.

However, if you wish to participate, you will need to register. This is free, and only takes a couple of minutes to do. You will need to have a valid e-mail address in order to register.

As an unregistered guest, the only place you can post is here, and only to reply to this topic; you will not be able to start new threads anywhere until you have registered. This is to enable you to advise us if you're having problems registering, or other difficulties related to the board.

The above (in yellow text) has changed please read this topic
http://forums.moyabrennan.com/viewtopic.php?t=1213

We have taken the step of closing the main discussion forums to guests because we've had spammers arrive on the board from time to time, flaming long-standing members and posting rubbish.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Grania » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:53 am

:) Welcome to all indeed.

I hope you enjoy browsing around the forum, and like it even more if you come and join us :) I think you will find we are a very friendly bunch.

Fálite!
Music and friendship - the answer to life's problems.

I heard Your voice
Whisper to the wild water
Step By Step
Slowly I turn - Máire Brennan
Grania

Postby hermeyjdi » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:18 am

I agree! I have not been on this forum very long but have made some great friends. It has been a totally rewarding experiance being able to make friends and all meet and discuss something that we all have in common! I highly recommend this forum to all. :mrgreen: :D
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby nessieq » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:05 pm

And I, on the other side of the coin, am an old hand at this and stil love it as much as ever! Make yourselves at home!
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Daragh » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:27 pm

As the old saying goes...come on in the water's fine...you don't even need to know how to swim because hardly any of us do :lol:

Cead Mile Failte

Dar
Forgiveness is the key...not pride!
You know who! from Perfect Time
Daragh

Postby Beth » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:22 pm

I agree with all the eejits before me (a term you'll soon learn.. along with SLT, Lemon, DRINK!.. and a few others).

Feel free to look around and if you think we're nuts... you're right!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Come and join in our fun!!!!
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Hello

Postby moon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:27 am

Welcome!!!!!

Cead Mile Falite !!!!!!! :D

{Hope I Spelled The Irish right!!}
Follow The Word...
Follow The Hope...
Follow The Dream..
Willing to meet,
Wlling to go,
Willing to share,
Still Grey Skies Will Turn To Blue
Under This Banner Of Hope
Hidden Stories On Winding Roads
I Trust Your Ways...
moon
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nigel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:52 pm

Beth wrote:Feel free to look around and if you think we're nuts... you're right!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Come and join in our fun!!!!

Not me Beth, i just work here :lol:

Hello and welcome (We really are a friendly bunch) :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Smaointe » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi everyone, Its sarahCat210 from the forum

I am sorry if this doesn't belong here but this is the only thread I could get to. I went to switch my email adress in my profile, and then I got a message saying my account is inactive, can anyone help :?:

Thanks
SC
Smaointe

Postby Littlefoot Took » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:19 pm

I just had the very same thing happen to me!! GrandWebMaster Angus had to work his magic to remedy the problem
Blessed be the name of Jesus
Littlefoot Took

Postby Angoid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:04 pm

I think it might have had something to do with the forum update over the weekend of 9th April .... one or two accounts appear to have been locked out afterwards, no rhyme or reason for it. My apologies for this .... if anyone else has had this happen to them please don't hesitate to post into this thread to advise and we'll work on a remedy for it.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.
Purveyor of fine sarcasm since 1966.
Angoid
Technical Administrator

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:50 pm

Did Moya ever do any songs with Ronnie Drew ( Dubliners ) ?

Postby sarahCat210 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

Angoid wrote:I think it might have had something to do with the forum update over the weekend of 9th April .... one or two accounts appear to have been locked out afterwards, no rhyme or reason for it. My apologies for this .... if anyone else has had this happen to them please don't hesitate to post into this thread to advise and we'll work on a remedy for it.

I know it happened to me when I changed my email address in my profile, it seems to work fine now. So I think its fixed. :mrgreen:

Thanks again Angoid!
SC
sarahCat210
Addicted to Moya

Postby Turlough » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Welcome - you have found the forum for Moya Brennan (in Gaelic Máire Ni Bhraonain), the singer whose voice fairly embraces the heart, whether in Clannad's music, solo, or any other or her musical ventures.

We are an international group, with members in Europe, America, Africa, and Australia, to begin with. All of us are friendly, especially to friendly people! Some of us are musicians, three of whom will even admit to playing the harp to some degree. :wink:
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

For a glimpse in the world of Ms Moya Brennan...

Postby Sonja » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:41 am

hi hello this is my first step into the world of Moya Brennan, the star and her admirers. And must stay, after roaming about the site floor the love the admiration the closeness is so greatly felt among all fans and Ms Moya...
I am only a guest and am not registered yet there is something I would very much like to share with you..all

About a few weeks ago a friend and I went to Moya's concert in Groningen, not because we were fans of her music, 2 decades ago I once saw Clannad and I guess it was a good performance, but cannot remember very much of it. But long time in our house, there was a Clannad album lying between all other records. Anyway we went, as my friend is an avid fan of Irish music I told her she should go to see Ms Moya Brennan who is an Irish legend. She wanted to go only and because she said she once seen a documentary on Dutch tv in which Ms Moya talked of her life and that she had made a christian cd. After watching the interview she bought "TwoHorizons" thinking that was the christian cd. She, my friend, was not much fan of Ms Moya either not in the sense of adoring her music, neither with Clannad nor her solo project.

Anyway we were at the Oosterpoort in Groningen that evening after a day's work and as we entered something amazing happened, there was a weird feel of sacred atmosphere that hit me. Being a (total) christian entering a world that in my view has no connnection with Gods Word at all that taught me something of the infinite love that was present that very evening. Even the silence in the audience during the concert seemed perfectly fitting as if everyone, every soul, as we certainly were, was struck in awe of so much beauty. Because that was what Ms Moya did, we got caught in the beauty of her music her presence and if anything at all, it was in all its worldliness an absolute heaven steered concert... ah yes we have bought all her solorecords, i think that very evening and are still enjoying, no feed ourselves with her music...thank you Ms Moya we have surrendered..and felt so blessed and still feel that way
We met after the concert to ask for the christian cd's and could tell her that I work as pastoral councellor at our church. It so happens that I am working at this time especially with young women/girls looking for their identity, and have girls under my wings who went through abortions, sexual violence, from incestuous- through violent relationships. And then Ms Moya told us about the book on her life and that she was into a project in Ireland of helping young girls/women....she was such an inspiration and most of all she is a heaven-sent star that fills empty hearts, tired and broken souls..
and this, her site, absolutely radiates that warmth. Ms Moya, will you not forget the book...we can absolutely use it as testimony and guidance among many a young girl and woman ...and even the men could learn...
Sonja

Next

Return to Welcome / Fáilte!