Page 4 of 8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:16 pm
by Phantas
so far 100 % (and 3 votes in totla LOL) for LOVE the cover!!!

LOL :lol: LOL

You know what it is with this cover? It's the fact that you will want to see what is going on in it - that's also why I find the TH cover so static - there's just Moya's face (which isn't bad at all, mind) and no real surroundings...

LCD has this mystique, a mystery surrounding it. Some Christmas magic...

I tried to look at it as if MOya lying there is in touch with God (or whatever, you know) and her hair is the Love that comes down.....because of the white it is easy to imagine things..... oh gosh, what am I babbling about? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love (and cheer up everyone!),
Phantas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:55 pm
by Garbo
not %100 anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 pm
by Beth
Same here Garbo. Now I understand that there are some that love it... but then there are some that don't. That is what discussions are all about. It would get really boring if we all loved it... then we wouldn't talk about anything. :mrgreen:

Very cool cover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:12 am
by jelswick
I think the new cover is elegant and attention-grabbing. i like the long hair and the ornamentation and the color scheme and the angle. VERY cool cover for a Christmas album.

I far prefer it to Enya's cover which is suprisingly low quality in appearance. At any rate, what matters most is that the music is good...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:44 am
by Lady Ryu
i think this cover is great for a christmas album. for a "normal" album i think i wouldn't like it really. but here the cover and the album fit perfectly together. can't wait to listen to it! it's only the 2nd time i'm looking forward to a christmas album. and the 1st was a disappointment in the end, but i think positive about this one.

Re: Very cool cover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:17 pm
by nessieq
jelswick wrote:what matters most is that the music is good...


I'll second that- with so much fuss over the cover we haven't discussed what's on the inside- what do you all think of the sound clips?
n.

Re: Very cool cover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:34 pm
by Phantas
nessieq wrote:
jelswick wrote:what matters most is that the music is good...


I'll second that- with so much fuss over the cover we haven't discussed what's on the inside- what do you all think of the sound clips?
n.


I loved the sound clips - but it's so hard to say anything about the music just yet until it's released - the clips are so short! But the vocals seem to be great, so I'm buying LOL :wink:

:P @ Garbo for raining on the parade LOL! Lighten up!

I'm merely trying to put some fun into this discussion!

Love,
Phantas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:43 pm
by Garbo
I'm allowed my opinion Phantas and I already said I don't like the music. I prefer Maire's old stuff, sorry. Just because I don't worship her doesn't make me a bad person. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:46 am
by AndyPandy
I think its a great cover, nice hair Moya! Unfortunately I can't listen to the sound clips as my internet connection sucks! Ah well I'll have to wait for the CD :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:51 am
by lizzy1e
Going pop? I didn't hear anything too poppish in the audio samples.

Anyway, I think it's brilliant - I've asked our local music franchise if they'll get it since they promoted Two Horizons so much when it came out in South Africa. This and a new Enya album - I already feel like it's Christmas/My Birthday/Summer/New Years rolled into one over here (which is will be in December) - love that holiday feeling when the Brennans release new stuff. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:14 pm
by Grania
lizzy1e wrote:Going pop? I didn't hear anything too poppish in the audio samples.



I can see why you'd think that....but if you think about it it's no more pop than some tracks on WTTWW is it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:50 pm
by nessieq
well... no :lol: I dont think it is.. i think it's moya experimenting futher with her trademark vocals and taking them in a new direction... you say "pop" to me I think of pants vocals that all sound the same, are incredibly repetitive and are by no means on the same level with what we've seen come out of moya.
n.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:46 pm
by Grania
Couldn't have said it better myself ness :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:05 pm
by Phantas
Garbo wrote:I'm allowed my opinion Phantas and I already said I don't like the music. I prefer Maire's old stuff, sorry. Just because I don't worship her doesn't make me a bad person. :roll:


Well Garbo I can see that it will be quite difficult to help you see it from my point of view.

For your information I do not worship her at all - it's not like she's a goddess who I pray to :?

And who said that you could not have your opinion - I was merely trying to put a smile on your face for god's sake............................................
This issue is being taken waaaaaay too serious.

But I know you will not read it this way and you will probably think I am attacking you again - well suit yourself. I'm not wasting anymore time and hope you enjoy listening to Moya's old stuff :wink:

PS: I'm not apologizing because I have done nothing wrong, or bad, in my point of view. I hope everyone is having a good time and if not I wil ltry and help them have a good time. And then there are some who will not have a good time no matter how anyone tries :(

Phantas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:23 am
by Angoid
After thinking about it some more, I think this new album's cover has grown on me to a large degree. OK, not my favourite, but it's OK. And ..... yes, I've said this before, it's the music you buy an album for, not the artwork :)

Please folks .... lighten up a little, hey? We come here for fun and to discuss the music (and the artwork!) and as soon as it becomes a fun-free zone I'm outta here! Because I simply don't have time for in-fighting!

Each one of us is entitled to their own opinion .... I don't worship Moya either. But that doesn't stop me really loving her music. Some of her songs have really reached me at times when no other music could, but there are times when I might go 2 or 3 days without listening to a single Moya track! And then there are times when I seem to listen to nothing but Moya.

I'm looking forward to this new album and have already placed an order for it at my local Christian bookshop. I should therefore get it almost hot off the press assuming the wheel doesn't fall off and it doesn't come through at all to the shop.