How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

I absolutely love the album, my favourite Moya album.
23%
The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot.
43%
The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though.
19%
I don't like it as much as i first did.
No votes
I hardly listen to lately, but i still love the album.
6%
I don't really like TH.
8%

Total votes : 77

Postby nessieq » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 pm

Borsuk wrote:Can you imagine music movie based on this stunning album?

Woah- what an ingenious idea!! :shock: That'd be incredible!! I wonder would Moya play herself or hire someone to do it for her? :lol: Seriously tho, a visual interpretation of such stunning music would add a whole new depth to it- sooo cooooooooool 8) 8) 8)
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Jvan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm

I'd recommend TH as a soundtrack of a new movie! ehhehe! It'd be a dream! :mrgreen:
Image Image Image
Jvan
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 pm

I'd love it! I think it's possible. Maybe in the future
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Methica » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:47 pm

If that ever happens,, ooh my GOD:| I wanna see that happen!:D
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jvan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:53 pm

But....you know...it depends on the kind of movie....that's an important thing to consider!
Image Image Image
Jvan

Postby dids » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:28 pm

it could be a movie based on the story told by the album...
ah... If I had some talent in making movies... :wink:
dids

Postby Ardens » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Borsuk wrote:Still love it! It's great concept album. Can you imagine music movie based on this stunning album?

On the one hand, this would be very fascinating and it would be interesting to see how someone else interprets the music. But on the other hand, every listener has his own ideas about what is behind the music. If I saw such a movie, I would always have the pictures of the movie in mind rather than my own images.
Ardens
Addicted to Moya

Postby dids » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:36 pm

you're right, Ardens. In fact this is a problem for any musician that provides videos or their music....
dids

Postby nessieq » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:29 pm

Ardens wrote:
Borsuk wrote:Still love it! It's great concept album. Can you imagine music movie based on this stunning album?

On the one hand, this would be very fascinating and it would be interesting to see how someone else interprets the music. But on the other hand, every listener has his own ideas about what is behind the music. If I saw such a movie, I would always have the pictures of the movie in mind rather than my own images.

Perhaps that's why Moya didn't do any music videos for this album, aside from the 'visions of tara' clip (isnt that what it's called??) which I suppose is more to inform the viewer of what it's about than impose imagery of the story upon them.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Jvan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:59 pm

If I'm not wrong there also a video of 'Show me (Jakatta Mix)'.... it's likely a promo video only.
Image Image Image
Jvan

Postby gregoing » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:39 pm

That's right. In fact, I've only ever seen it on two websites, one being Universal's Japanese website. I'm not sure of the other sight.

Check Google to see if you can find it. Search for "moya brennan show me music video" or something like that to see what you can come up with.

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:11 pm

Ardens wrote:

There a couple of examples of really good interpretation of concept albums of other artists:
Kate Bush – “The Line, the cross & the curve” movie based on The Red Shoes
Pink Floyd – “The Wall”
Marillion – “Brave”
All of them are just stories, which are illustrating music created by those artists. And all of them are really, really interesting.

I think Maire’s album “Two Horizons” have huge visual potential. This is a pure story, written by music and words.
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

Postby gregoing » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:28 pm

Lol - I hate to go so off-topic, but I just discovered an electronic/dance artist a few days ago that I had not heard of before. The artist is BT, and he has a new album called "This Binary Universe." As I listen to it, it's non-lyrical (at least as much of it as I've heard), but there's just something about it where you can tell it's a great concept album (it's a bit of electronic - very ethereal, a bit of modern rock, a lot of experiental stuff like baby sounds and wind chimes - probably sounds of his newborn baby). In fact, the CD comes with a bonus DVD, which has animations for each song (which is also enriched in Dolby 5.1), which probably strengthens its 'conceptiness' (although I can't say for sure, since I haven't yet seen the DVD). I hope to buy the album soon, at which time I'll post a topic on it in Rattle Bag.

OK - back to Two Horizons!

-Greg
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein
into our prize draw.
gregoing

Postby Turlough » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:02 pm

As a new listener to Two Horizons maybe I should not be contributing in this topic yet. It is for the first time now that I'm listening to it on my main stereo set. The first two tracks (there may be more - forget) have vocals filtered in a way that make them unreal and distant, as is the vocal in the collaborative "Miles and Miles". The eerie vocal tone is further compounded by the tremulous effect applied, as if she is singing through a rotating speaker, as with a Hammand organ.

Outside of that, the album seems to have many sounds found on Enya's masterpiece "Shepherd Moons", such as the third track, which can be so ethereal as to be more Enya than Enya.

For now I would say, listen to it at home, not in a noisy place, so the fine details come through. And have in a friend who is a good cook, and set your room lighting for super chill-out. Just a suggestion.
"We can be children of Paradise" Justin Hayward
Turlough
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 pm

This is still my favorite Moya album!! When it first came out, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Moya did a TH video with music videos for each song that told the story as well! I would love to see something like that!! If I was her record lable, I would suggest it!! :wink:
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

PreviousNext

Return to Two Horizons