How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

I absolutely love the album, my favourite Moya album.
23%
The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot.
43%
The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though.
19%
I don't like it as much as i first did.
No votes
I hardly listen to lately, but i still love the album.
6%
I don't really like TH.
8%

Total votes : 77

Postby martijn » Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 pm

And I still like the Maire album from 1992 most. It was my first Moya cd and it still brings back a lot of memories!
“Forgiveness is the key not pride”
Máire Brennan – Perfect Time
martijn
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nigel » Sat May 13, 2006 10:20 pm

martijn wrote::x So Nigel, you were the one who did win this cd on ebay! I was the highest bidder until you came along.
I am happy that at least it is a member of this forum who got this cd!
:lol:
Next time I hope luck is on my side!

Sorry about that Martijn, eBay is a tough place :D I hope you are able to find another album very soon. And don't worry because i collect Moya and Enya merchandise. So it will be looked after :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Robin Wood » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:39 am

I have been listening to Clannad and Moya for over a decade now, and I think Two Horizons comes close to the ultimate Moya masterpiece to me. Though on the production side it sure has its weak moments with wanting to sound a bit too much like her sister, but the overall performance is really sublime. I think the theme of the album is really haunting, this pursuit of a harp. Together with Moya's mesmerizing voice it is such a pleausre to listen to the album again and again. Also, though the album sounds quite electronic, what added to it were the live performances of it. I think it took a lot of braveness to take the stage with two harps and such an ephemere sound. But still it worked, thanks to the confidence of Moya and her band.

So yes, there are numerous Clannad and Moya albums that are musically as good, but the way Moya herself presented Two Horizons makes me think she founds it herself one of her key works, even with her career of over three decades now.

When I last saw her live in April at Evergem Belgium, after the show I told her that I was glad she still performed lot's of TH songs, and she happily replied she thought it's a good album.
Robin Wood

Postby irish at heart » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:52 am

I think this album is really good. :) I like it quite a bit.
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kate » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:56 pm

I love Two Horizons and gave it top vote (favourite Moya album) which may be a bit biased of me as it is the only Moya alblum I have so far. But I love the story format and listen to it alot (in between Enya cds) :wink:

This may all change after "Signature" is released. Will have to see.

:P Kate
Kate
Enthusiastic Member

Postby dids » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 pm

hello,

I only own TH and Signature and they are both my favourites. It is hard to decide between them.

My favourite song is Tara, I particularly love its rythm, and the short sequence that appears just before the first and second choruses (on the left of the stereo image) always evokes me the sun breaking through the clouds to light up the hill of Tara... It's magical!
dids
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby richard » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:39 pm

i adore two horizons, it is a celtic masterpiece
Richard.
richard

Postby Nigel » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 am

Two Horizons is a genuine masterpiece, it can never be made again. And its in a different league to Signature :D
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby Jvan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:24 am

This album is amazing and I listen to it a lot but it's not my favourite. My favourite songs are "Tara", "Sailing Away" and "Ancient Town" :oops:
Image Image Image
Jvan

Postby eadgyth » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:28 am

When I got TH and listened to it for the first time I was a little surprised cause there's a huge difference to WTTWW. It took some time getting used to it (like a day) and then I really loved it. My favourites still are Harpsong, Sailing Away, Ancient Town and Tara. It's an album I listen to when I have some quiet time in a nice corner with a coup of tea in my hands. I need that to really appreciate all the harmonies that are in the songs.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
eadgyth
Addicted to Moya

Postby lilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm

I really like this CD and listen to it often, although it's not my favorite. I like listening to the album all the way through - it just has a great sound to it. I don't really have a favorite track, it's just too hard to decide!
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
lilly
Addicted to Moya

Postby irish at heart » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:00 pm

I just listened to this CD in full last night again and I realized how much I missed listening to it..the title track gives me full on goosebumps, this has to be the best work she's ever done..Signature is second best. :) (of course, that's in my opinion ;)) I think the poll says it all right now, it's a good album and I listen often as I've probably mentioned. :)
Follow the word
Follow the hope
Follow the dream..
irish at heart
Addicted to Moya

Postby rat » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:15 pm

"The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot", that's the right words.
we come with nothing...and so we go...

lg rat
rat

Postby nessieq » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:20 pm

irish at heart wrote:this has to be the best work she's ever done..Signature is second best. :)

I have to say I agree- signature is good, but TH is just incredible. I think it'll always by my favourite album- of moya's, and of anything else i've ever heard.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding' V
nessieq

Postby Mariusz Maxwell Krause » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:36 pm

Still love it! It's great concept album. Can you imagine music movie based on this stunning album?
Cpt. Janeway: "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: Keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."
Mariusz Maxwell Krause
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Two Horizons