How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

Heard it? Like it? Want to hear it?

Moderators: wonky_eggs, nessieq, gregoing, All Moderators

How do you still feel about "Two Horizons"?

I absolutely love the album, my favourite Moya album.
23%
The album is amazing, and i listen to it a lot.
43%
The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though.
19%
I don't like it as much as i first did.
No votes
I hardly listen to lately, but i still love the album.
6%
I don't really like TH.
8%

Total votes : 77

Postby Methica » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:56 am

It the only album I have of moya... So I voted The album is amazing, don't listen to it as much now though...
I can´t really say much now yetLOL
Imperfect is the new perfect
Methica
Addicted to Moya

Postby Chris- » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:14 pm

I like the celtic music and I first heard Moya on the "New Age-Channel" from SkyFM.
When I collected more information about Moya I found out, that she has recorded "Saltwater" with Chicane wich Single I have buy a long time ago.
On SkyFM I heard Moya with her Song "Tara" and it's true when I say that I had tears in my eyes. Her voice is so beautiful, warm and mystic and combined with the celtic instruments wonderful. I was on the Concert in Arnhem and nervous when I stand beside her if she gave autographs. I had so many questions to her but in that moment I had forgotten these all. I was so nervous.

P.s.: Sorry my bad english. I am a long time out of school but i hope that everyone understand me... :oops:
Chris-

Postby Fjalladís » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:22 am

Welcome Chris! Don't worry about your English, it is good. Great to have another German fan here, we have to act as a counterbalance with all these Kikkerlandje-guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Für jetzt bleiben Glaube, Hoffnung, Liebe, diese drei; doch am größten unter ihnen ist die Liebe.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Fjalladís
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby Keiko » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:03 am

I am listening to Two Horizons more these days, so I have to say, it is a very nice album, one of my favorites. I had a feeling I quite missed some things when on the concert. I only had it for 2 days orso,.. so it was a pity I didn't knew all of the songs, (or I HAD singalong!) :mrgreen:

Keiko

~Lost my Heart in Ireland.. Great country, nice people, beautiful places.. I just luv it!

My Blog Keiko's Place
Keiko
Addicted to Moya

Postby hermeyjdi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 pm

Welcome Chris to the forum!!! I am glad that you got to see and meet Moya!!
I am sure you are all tired of me saying this but "Two Horizon's" is my all time favorite Moya CD although I love them all. Ness had said that compared to Clannad's first albums, Two Horizon's is a different genre. I like the newer sound of Moya and Clannad then Clannad's first albums. When ever I interduce people to Moya's music I always give them TH! I have made quite a few fans here at my work. I am hoping to get a big group to go and see Moya when she comes to the USA again.
Jesus said to Peter, "feed my sheep not experiment on my rats" -C S Lewis
hermeyjdi
Addicted to Moya

Postby Wil » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:36 pm

It's my only album from Moya also, but not for long.......I will collect all of her works in the future.....
It's an amazing album and I listen often to it........
It's already familliar to hear al the tracks and if there's a peacefull moment during a busy day, i sit on the couch,with a cup of tea and Moya....

It's like a meditating ritual almost..... :mrgreen:
Music is my first love, and it will be my last.......
Wil
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Niamh » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:39 pm

meditating is good for you :D TH is my only not copied album by Moya
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Chris- » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:17 am

I like these kind of music very much. I have 3 Albums from her sister
Eithne (Enya)

The Celts
The Memory of Trees
Sheperd Moons

and now in my Collection

Two Horizons (autographed)
An Irish Christmas from Máire Ní Bhraonáin

The Best of Clannad - In a Lifetime

When i come from work i listen to this music to relax. Or sometimes i listen to Sky.fm - "New Age"-Channel. Máire and Eithne are often presented there too.
Chris-

Postby Beth » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:57 pm

Two Horizions has gotten to be the one CD in my car player going to and from work lately. I normally put 'Sailing Away' on repeat and listen to it a few times to wake me up, then on the way home, I listen to Tara (of course!), Two Horizions and Harpsong.
Beth
Addicted to Moya

Postby Niamh » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:25 pm

Sailing away is amazing! I love the gaelic part so much. I agree with you beth.. it's nice to hear it more than once in row
Ó lá go lá, mo thuras...

Niamh
Addicted to Moya

Postby Garbo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:49 pm

i listened to Tara yesterday and I do like that song, but i feel bad.. it just didn't click with me. :(

BUT! I have been listening a lot to Misty Eyes Adventures. I love that album so much! :D
epic
Garbo
Really Enthusiastic Member

Postby lizzy1e » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:33 pm

I'm planning to include this in "the soundtrack to my day" tomorrow. :mrgreen: Haven't given it the listening it deserves lately. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but it has become my favourite. :D
lizzy1e
Addicted to Moya

Postby Kerem » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:49 pm

I still think Two Horizons have such infinite power on its category. Moya blended both acoustic and electronic instruments cleverly and their balance between them creating a mesmerizing, dreamy atmosphere.

As I understand her way of music, she never prefer a full electronic based sound - like Enya do. I think it's because of her history with Clannad. Electronic is giving lot of control and different tastes thats for sure - but in my opinion electronic sounds must be a "backup power" behind the acoustic instruments to create atmosphere that composer imagined. And Moya fulfilled it perfectly on Two Horizons.
Dreams can be so real and so true. They come alive for me and for you. Daring for love, wrestling the moment. Danger surrounds, so blue...
Kerem
Enthusiastic Member

Postby Nigel » Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 pm

If you want to know how i still feel about 'Two Horizons'. Then here is your answer.....

This is the japanese edition of TH. I am to recieve it 'factory sealed' and for a more than reasonable price. This version has one extra track that isn't not available on the normal album version. The track is Show Me (Jakatta Mix 12 inch version) - bonus track for Japan only :mrgreen:

A great buy..... :mrgreen:
Nigel
Addicted to Moya

Postby martijn » Fri May 12, 2006 11:13 pm

:x So Nigel, you were the one who did win this cd on ebay! I was the highest bidder until you came along.
I am happy that at least it is a member of this forum who got this cd!
:lol:
Next time I hope luck is on my side!
“Forgiveness is the key not pride”
Máire Brennan – Perfect Time
martijn
Enthusiastic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Two Horizons